Sunday, March 28, 2010

State Meet

Well, let's start with the good news first.......


2nd. place on bars in the state!!!!


I was so happy for her. She deserved to get a great all-around score too, but she didn't. She took a risk on the beam routine, trying to do the back walkover, which I didn't want her to do, but she fell off the beam. She scored the lowest score she has ever made at state or any other meet with a 7.7. I was very disappointed at first and so was she. After I calmed down and really put myself back in check, I was proud that she took a risk (despite it not going in her favor). She can land the routine that she has practiced all season easily and probably would have gotten a point or so better on the score, but nobody gets far in life without taking risks....... at least that is what I have convinced myself now. She did great on vault and scored a 9.325, but didn't medal on it. She had a really good floor routine, but the judges were scoring a little hard so she didn't medal on it, nor get the big scores like she usually gets. It is supposed to be hard. It is the STATE meet. Not everyone gets the chance to go to state so I am trying to be easier on myself. Mama just wanted the best for her :-).

We are going to Regionals in a few weeks. That is in Concord, N.C. We talked about her doing the cartwheel on beam at that meet. It will be competing against 6 different states in our southern region. We plan to go get our first place medal at that meet. She can do it!!!

Go get 'em in North Carolina, Tori-bug!!!

Wendy

No comments: