Thursday, July 15, 2010

What a mess!!

Lots of stuff has happened since my last post. Most recently, as in on Sat. night, my sister's house burned down. My sister, her husband, 3 kids, my disabled mother, and her in-laws lost everything in the fire. My family is totally devastated. We are a super close knit family and have endured a lot of stuff but never a fire. No injuries or lives were lost and we were able to salvage some pictures, thank God for that!!! They think it might have been an electrical fire, but it is still under investigation. The pictures (which I haven't downloaded yet) are horrendous. My family is staying with me for now. Well, between here and they are sleeping in a hotel at night. Mom is with me. It will take 6-9 months to rebuild so we are praying and ask all of our friends to pray that they can find a handicap accessible rental house big enough for 8 people that is in our area.

On a lighter note, my Tori-bug was able to go to GymDog gymnastics camp a couple of weeks ago. She had the most fun and learned a lot. I'll try to post pictures of her experience soon. She says she is going to be a future gymdog. I surely hope so b/c she needs a scholarship to go to college :-)

I have a brand new niece, Kylee. She looks just like Leah, her sister. She is gorgeous, but I'm a little biased I guess. I need to post pics of her too I guess.
I just wanted to ask everyone to pray for my family as we go through these trials. I will try to post again soon and put the pictures up.

No comments: