Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gratitude List

I took the time this week to sit down and write down a Gratitude List. I often have to remind myself how blessed I am. I know it, I just have to be reminded of it. I did un-link my blog from my facebook page for personal reasons. The people that read my blog know almost everything there is to know about me anyways so I unlinked it. The ones that choose to come here and read are the people that I have relationships with anyway. I started this blog for myself as a way to write down my thoughts, but by no means want people to think it is more than that. The people that don't want to read don't have to stop by. I was informed that the whole world (meaning facebook users) don't want to know all my personal issues. Oh really? Don't read it..... it is for me. So in saying all this, I now won't be able to receive comments from my link to FB and that is where I was receiving most of them. Please, feel free to comment me on here, but I won't know that you stopped by unless you do leave on a comment. If you don't have an acct. just leave it under anonymous and sign your name to it so I will know it was you. Okay, moving on to my gratitude list......

1. My husband-- for 18+ years he has been my rock. The other half of me that tells me, "everything is going to be okay". He is a great husband, father, and provider. I honestly couldn't have asked God for anyone better. He and his girls have a very special relationship. He still makes my heart go pitter-pat. I am blessed to have him in my life.
2. My beautiful girls---- Lyndsey is a good big sister. She has a smile that can light up a room. She is sweet and loving. Tori-bug is my sweet, high-spirited girl. She has the biggest dimple in her right cheek (thanks to her daddy!) She "rocks" at gymnastics. I am blessed to have them in my life.
3. My four-legged children. They love me unconditionally and I can tell them anything. *smiles* I am blessed to have them in my life.
4. My job and co-workers---- I work with some of the sweetest people. My bosses and office manager are Godly people that are always willing to lend an ear and Godly wisdom. It makes it easier to show up to work everyday. I am blessed to have them in my life.
5. My best friends---- Marsha and Tammy. Without even having to know what I am going through they are there for me. I know they are praying and when I get ready to talk they will be there. Friendships like these are hard to find and without looking for them we found it!! I am blessed to have them in my life.
6. My sister, Monica--- we haven't always been super-close but all the things our family has been through has pulled us together. We have a family bond and loyalty that is hard to beat. I am blessed to have her in my life.
7. My mom--- we have always been close and she is my world. I can't imagine my life without her but know that her health is not good. I am very protective of her and will always strive to do my best for her. I am blessed to have her in my life. Before I got married, I always thought that I could never love anyone more than I loved my mom. Then I met and married Kevin. Then, I thought there was no way I could ever love anyone more than I love him. Until, I got pregnant and had Tori-bug. I know that I really couldn't love anyone more than I love her, but I still love my mama A LOT!! All different kinds of love, but another thing on my gratitude list.....
8. LOVE
9. My daddy--- I've always been closer to my mama than to my daddy, but there is a special bond between daddy's and daughter's. I am blessed to have him in my life.
10. My Faith--- Thank God for faith. I became a believer on April 9, 1984. Right before I turned 10 years old. I asked Jesus into my heart at a youth retreat. It was a day I will never forget. I am thankful that God doesn't keep score and allows us to make mistakes or sin, ask for forgiveness, and then wipes our slate clean. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit that nudges us to ask for that forgiveness when we do wrong. I wish that I could forgive and forget that easily when people wrong me. I am blessed to be able to be called a daughter of the King!!


I am doing better the past couple of days. I continue to strive to be the best me I can possibly be. I read a quote somewhere the other day that I totally needed and thought was extremely helpful. Here it is......
Faith is not necessary when you know how things are going to work out- that's knowledge. It's in the time of unknowing that having faith is what sees you through to the other side. Faith is what gives you strength. Faith is that light in your heart that keeps on shining even when it's all dark outside. Now is the time to keep that faith alive.

Wendy

1 comment:

Madie Ice said...

Hey Wendy!
Sending prayers and hugs to help you get through this emotional tug-of-war that you have going on. Music always helps me----and now Madie. She will put on the "happy" music whenever she is having difficulties with friends or school. And, we always start the day with great music too. Corny, I know. There is a lot of good worship music that we use (Brighter Day by Kirk Franklin--heck, anything by him!) but the past month Madie loves to hear "Owl City". Hugs and Love!!