Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday

I have been up since 4am with my back "out". I hate it when I wake up early with back pain. Not fun at all. We had a really relaxing day yesterday. Went out and bought some concrete floor paint for the basement, which will hopefully be done early this week. We thought we might put hardwood lamenent on the floors, but I simply don't want to fork out a lot of money to put it down. We decided to go with just painting it and then putting a big area rug down. It will be cold, but it is way cheaper. We wanted to finish the basement so we could have a place to go and hang out, watch TV, play videogames, scrapbook, etc. It will be nice to come up the stairs and shut the door on the mess if we need to. I am really excited!! While we were out at the Home Depot picking up the paint, we bought our Christmas tree. Mind you, all my Christmas stuff is in the basement and I can't get to it until the contractor is done, but we went ahead and got the tree. Hopefully, I will be able to decorate it before Tuesday when "Joy", our elf, comes. She is coming and I have a plan of some mischief she can get into. I think this might be my last year for the magic of Christmas so I went ahead and decided to do it. I will post pics when all the magic unfolds. You might even get a few more updates than normal with all the Elf Magic. If you would like to get your own elf or would like to sponsor a child to have an elf go to: www.hostanelf.com
Under CatieElf. They donate a part of their proceeds to CURE childhood cancer research.
Today, is going to be a relaxing day too. I am skipping church today since my back is out. Hoping to get a little laundry done, Christmas presents wrapped, and some homemade chicken stew for lunch prepared.
Enjoy your Sunday!!!
Wendy

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

Hope you're on the mend soon!