Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blah, blah, and more blah


I haven't been able to get on here all week b/c my mom had to make an emergency visit to the hospital on Sunday morning. Mom has always been a smoker, but supposedly quit several years ago after finding out she had COPD (emphysema). I say supposedly b/c I found out on Sunday that she has been smoking quite a bit lately. Everybody knew she was except my sister and I. Anyways...... she got admitted to ICU for respiratory failure and aspirin toxicity. She had apparently taken 30-50 Goody powders in one day trying to get rid of her headache. She thought that the more she took the better it would get, but everybody knows that Goody powders have caffeine in them and you get a rebound headache. I am happy to say that she is doing some better but not completely out of the woods yet.

Sunday night, when we got home Tori-bug wanted to give Joy (the elf) a jelly bean. Monday morning when we got up Joy had made herself a bubblebath out of cotton balls in our bathroom sink. That silly 'ol elf.

No comments: