Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reading

I follow along on several blogs and one of the ones that I read has been talking about what she is reading lately. She has a preteen daughter (see notquitewhatihadplanned.blogspot.com) that has been having to do a lot of required reading. Hopefully she won't mind me posting her blog here for the world to see (or all of my 2 followers, *wink*). Anyways, it got me to thinking about what I am in to with my reading. First of all, let me just go on record to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. I will just about read anything, but if I can't get into the book after the first couple of chapters I will put it down and move on.
The best book I have ever read is called The Shack. I would highly recommend it. I am a Christian and came to know Jesus at the age of 9. However, I have never really understood the whole trinity thing. Now don't get me wrong, I read my bible, attend church, bible studies, etc. This is not even a "religious" book. It just really makes you see God differently. In my opinion it isn't too far off theology. It is a fiction book though. If you have read it, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought about it. Right now I am reading "At home in Mitford", which is by another Christian author. Several other books that I have thoroughly enjoyed are all books by Terry Blackstock. I can't wait to get my hands on another one of her series. She has lots. My sister turned me on to these and we were not able to put them down. How about you? What do you like to read?
We had a great Christmas. Tried to keep it a little lower key this year, which was nice. Not as much running and being on the road as we normally do. My Tori-bug really was excited by the gifts Santa brought, namely her Nintendo DS, but cried Christmas Eve when her elf had to go home. Oh well. Maybe she will come visit us next year. Hope you all enjoyed yours. Looking forward to the New Year. My mom is doing much better and actually looks a lot better. Thanks for checking in with us.
Wendy

1 comment:

The Park Wife said...

Hey! The Park Wife here, thanks for visiting my site a while back and sorry I am just getting over to visit. I hope all is well in the New Year for you guys.

I recently read The Shack and thought it was FANTASTIC. My brother, who worked at a Chrisitan wilderness place for young men that had done a study on it, had told me and told me about the book, even gave me a copy that sat on my shelf for about a year. I finally picked it up and then could not put it down. I have underlined parts all throughout the book!

Take care and I look forward to keeping up with what is happening with you guys!
The Park Wife