Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Daddy and my brothers, Tony and Alan
(not sure why I didn't get my sister in here)
Me and my daddy

My daddy loved his scrapbook I made for Father's Day for him. He started crying on the first page (which I knew he would). I am not even done with the book and probably never will be until I die. This morning in church we talked about leaving behind a legacy. I want to leave a legacy when I am gone. I want my children to remember all the good memories, that they had a dad that loved their mother and she loved their dad. I want them to remember big moments, little moments, and some that seem insignificant at the time, but that turn out to be good moments. I wanted my dad to know that I remembered these moments too, thus the reason for the scrapbook. I have a long way to go on it still. I had just a few hours to spend on the pages that I got done, but I want to be able to add to it year after year for him. I am grateful to God that he gave me a great earthly father. Sure, he made mistakes here and there (nobody is perfect except my Heavenly Father), but through it all he taught me valuable life lessons. I am proud to say I am his daughter. I love you daddy!


P.S. I am also extremely proud to have the most wonderful husband who is the best daddy in the world to my girls.

No comments: