Friday, August 21, 2009

Gymnastics update


I realized a little bit ago after responding to a comment from my sweet friend Sarah that I had not updated last night. Tori-bug got off the school bus saying she had a headache yesterday and she didn't want to go to gymnastics. I told her that I would give her some ibuprofen, but she WAS going to go to practice. Wed. night she didn't get in the bed until 9:45pm by the time we got home from church, finished studying for a science test, and took a bath. Way too late for her!! Big mistake!! So, when she got off the bus saying she didn't want to go to gym practice I thought it was just b/c she was tired. She did her homework then went outside to jump on the trampoline without taking ibuprofen. I called her in when it was time to leave for gymnastics and on the way, she started boohooing. Not just a little whine, but an all out breakdown about how she was quitting gymnastics b/c she didn't want to do it anymore. I couldn't figure out what in the world had happened and why she decided that she was wanting to quit all of a sudden. I calmed her down but told her that she had to go to practice b/c I had already paid for this month and if she indeed did want to quit then we would discuss it later (I don't want her to quit and I really thought is was all coming from her just being overtired). So, when we pulled in the parking lot she said she wanted to quit b/c she was scared of jumping to the high bar!!! OH! Her friend fell off of the high bar on Monday night and broke her shoulder (that is Caroline w/Tori-bug in the pic above). That was it. I told her that we would call her friend later on so she could hear it from her that it was just an accident and something that could happen anywhere. She did stay at gym practice but said they "spotted" her a little more for her jump to the high bar. When my friend Sarah told me all about how her daughter quit dance all of a sudden after dancing for several years I realized that I hadn't went into all this last night on the blog. Sorry Sarah if I confused you with my reply!! Geesh! Anyway, she talked to her friend that has the broke shoulder and all is well now. She is good to go again and told me to order her floor music CD when we got home. I am still sorting out the schedule as far as school and keeping her focused, but maybe all of this week was a result from being overtired. Now, I am sick so perhaps it was from her mom being a little oversensitive too. I hate Summer colds!!

4 comments:

Madison said...

Thanks for the encouragment but Im not in the right shape and my parents can't pay for that right now. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!!

Love, Madison:)

Madison said...

Hey I live close to Orlando Fl and I just saw that you went to Panama City! My aunt lives there. FUNNY!!!

Unknown said...

I understand Madison. Money is tight for everyone right now. Gymnastics is definitely expensive and if Tori-bug really wasn't serious about it I wouldn't be forking out the money each month. I am planning on teaching her to crochet too though. Something my grandma taught me when I was her age. She is 9. I did go to PCB this year for the first time in a long time! Had a lot of fun too!! Thanks for stopping by.

jennykate77 said...

Awe, poor girl. Sounds like she's already overcome her fear. It is scary to see a friend getting hurt doing something that you do. I remember in cheerleading one time, a girl on our squad broke her arm doing some stunts and we were all a little hesitant for a few practices. Hope the friend is better soon. Tori is adorable!

I've been so bad at updating my blog. I'm trying to do better. Thanks for always stopping by and saying hi! :)

Hope you guys have a great week!!!