Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ouch

My beautiful girl hurt her back at gymnastics tonight. She was doing "bridge running". This is apparently where you do a backbend and then crawl like a crab walking on your hands and feet. When she stood up she said she felt immediate pain. It knocked her off balance I guess and she fell into the wall. I was at work when this took place so another mom called to ask if she could give her some Tylenol. "Of course", I said. When I got there to pick her up she was really walking gingerly and complaining of it a lot. She normally doesn't complain about too much. I asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor and she said she did. I ran her over to Regional FirstCare, an urgent care place in town. The doctor didn't feel x-rays were in order, but thought that she had a muscle strain and possible pulled the cartilage away from the muscle. He said to just rest it, give Motrin, and NO GYMNASTICS until further notice, i.e. not the rest of this week. We were told to follow up with our regular pediatrician (my employer) on Monday and see what she thought. Hopefully by tomorrow she will be feeling somewhat better anyway. I had to help her in and out of the car, in and out of the tub, and bending over causes her great pain. Geez, two people in one house with a bad back won't work for us :-)
Please pray that it gets better quickly and can go back to gymnastics on Monday.
Her mommy will thank you for it.
Wendy

2 comments:

The Foster Home said...

Ouch!! I had something very similar happen to me when I did gymnastics. I fell off the beam onto a lower beam. My back didn't really hurt until a few days later when I bent down to get something then I felt a HORRIBLE pain in my back and could barely move. It took me a few weeks to get back to normal. Hope it doesn't take your daughter that long. Hope she feels better soon.

Regina and Madie said...

Owweeee! If Tori is complaining, then it must really hurt! Madie and I send prayers for healing and lots of hugs to make it all better! I know she hates it, but she just has to rest for a few days!
:-)