Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Here

I have been so busy lately and having an almost non-stop backache that I have not been wanting to update my blog. School has begun and I am working pretty much full-time now. I do have off on Thursdays so that is nice. Gymnastics is keeping Tori-bug really busy. Three days a week is a killer for us. With school just starting and 11 hrs a week of gymnastics I am scared her grades are going to suffer for it. This is something I am struggling with b/c her attention has been all over the place since school started. She is forgetting to bring her books home on a regular basis, not writing her homework assignments down, etc. Can you tell I am a little frustrated at this point? It isn't the gymnastics, it is her. I just have to figure out the best way to handle it. I am hoping that it is just getting back on a regular schedule, but we will see. If not, we will come up with a plan and follow thru with it.
I will do better at blogging soon hopefully. Thanks for check in!
Wendy

2 comments:

Drew Natasia said...

I'm home-schooled so I don't really know about it, but one of my friends mom's told them that if they didn't have good grades or they weren't doing their homework etc. that they wouldn't get to go to gym so you could try that with her, but maybe not cause they are a couple of years older. Just an idea though!

Unknown said...

Thanks Drew! I have threatened that with her but it actually hurts me more than it does her not to go, i.e. I will have wasted my money. Since she wasn't wanting to go anyway that really wasn't an option. Gymnastics is a priviledge and I will pull her out if she doesn't do better. I have taken her TV away and her DS so we will see how next week goes. Thank you for your comment.