Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's Saturday


I love Saturdays. I love Saturday's that I can sleep in and do nothing for a few hours upon awakening.

That wasn't today, exactly. I woke up early at 7am with a backache. Uggh! I did get to do nothing (if you don't count watching TV and surfing the internet) for a few hours, waiting on my pain to ease up before I get the day started. But, I still love Saturdays. The girls are still sleeping and it is 9:40am.

It is supposed to be 93 today in Hotlanta! My nieces are having a combined swim birthday party today at Papa B's house. Ashley turned 15 on Aug. 5 and her sister, Hannah will turn 11 on Aug. 25th. They are growing up so fast. Ashley did not even study for her learners driver's test, went and took it on a whim and PASSED!!! Look out the girl will be learning to drive. Scary if you ask me. So we will go hang out and swim to celebrate their birthdays.

I kept Tori-bug out of gymnastics all last week b/c of her pulled muscle in her back (occurred early in practice on Tuesday). She was out doing back flips on the trampoline last night so guess that it is A-OK now. She will be going back to gymnastics on Monday. The first week of school went great. Tori-bug absolutely loves her 4th. grade teacher this year, Mrs. Lott. She seems really nice and I think she will be a good teacher and she will learn a lot. She has computers this year and they are going to learn to type. When Tori-bug came home and told me this earlier in the week, I told her about a CD that I had for the computer called, Typing Tutor and that being the way that I learned to type. When I quit my nursing job when I was pregnant with her I wanted to be able to supplement our income and decided that I would do some medical dictation at home. A friend at church lent me the CD (which I never gave back on accident- yep, guess I broke a commandment with that one- thou shalt not steal). Oops!! Anyway, in one month I learned to type using it and could type 65 words a minute. Which considering I was a hunt and peck kind of typer to begin with was amazing. She wanted to know if I still had it so she could practice at home too. Her daddy dug it out for her and she has been using it the past couple of days. She told me last night she was up to 14 words per minute. Amazing!!! I couldn't believe it. It is a really good teacher. Maybe she will make a good grade in that class this year.

Well, guess I will get off this blog now. I need to know that people are reading. Please leave me comments. I have been getting quite a few comments on my facebook page since this is directly linked to it, but not many people are commenting on here. Have a great Saturday! I love Saturdays!!

Wendy

No comments: