Sunday, October 25, 2009

Aunt Wendy


See this beautiful baby girl? She is my niece Leah. My 19-year-old sister had her six months ago. She was born on my birthday, April 20th. She was an unexpected great surprise. See, my sister is not married. I would not have chosen for her to give birth at such a young age, but I love this baby like no other. She isn't technically mine own blood b/c my sister is adopted. But she is still my niece and I am blessed to have her in my life. On Thursday, my sister told me she is expecting AGAIN!!! I am devastated. She is not at all ready for another baby. She has a hard time providing for this one. No job, not married, no house, etc. I don't know what she is going to do. I will help her any way I can b/c she will have another child that will be my niece or nephew. I know that I can't DO this for her and she wasn't trying to get pregnant, but we have to figure out what to do. She really is a good mother to Leah. She just simply has a hard time providing for her. Dad is in the picture, but they are an inter-racial relationship which makes it even harder on them. If you feel so inclined please lift this situation up to God. She is trying to get a job (or so she says). The dad does work, but b/c neither of them graduated high school, it is hard for them to make good money or even get a job in this economy. I don't think she would be willing to give the child up for adoption, but she can't provide for two kids either that will be 13 months apart. Two in diapers, carseats, etc. I am doing some soul-searching as to whether if it came down to it would my husband and I be willing to take a new baby on. Our babies are 18 and 9. We had decided that we didn't want anymore kids 5 years ago when I hurt my back. I got my tubes tied. I know that we would be able to provide for another child and before I would want the child to go into state custody, I think we would take it on. It is a sticky situation. I love being an aunt to Leah and I will keep you posted on what happens, but please lift up my family. I am a little stressed out about all of it.

1 comment:

The Park Wife said...

She is a beautiful girl. I will lift this situation up, know the He is God and will make sure that you know what to do. Be bold, ask Him to make it clear what you are supposed to do.

I am sorry you are in this situation, I have been in this place before and know it is hard. Spend a lot of time on your knees is all I can tell you.

I am praying for the situation and for you!