Monday, October 5, 2009

Updates, I guess


I have had my legs striped for not updating in so long!! Sorry Kathleen!! I really didn't know it had been so long since my last update and that very many people cared ;-)

Let's see....... what has been going on?


Tori-bug continues to go to gymnastics each week. Although now that her friend has gotten hurt she is afraid to jump to the high bar. I don't know what is up with that, but at least she doesn't want to quit anymore. All of her other routines are shaping up nicely. She looks really good on floor and on beam. Vault has never been her strong suit, but it looks good too. At least to me it does! Competition starts in January. She needs to get ready. We have lots of meets out of state this year so it should be fun. And expensive.



My friend, Pyper continues to need prayers. If you remember she is a 2-year-old with a relapse of cancer. She got a bone marrow transplant from her big sister a few months ago and it has been going great, but now they are almost positive that she WILL relapse again. Her mom, Mandy and her daddy are scared to death. They don't want to lose her. Please lift her up to God. We serve a MIGHTY KING and He is still on the throne. I believe in miracles and that is my prayer.



We went camping this past weekend in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. A very nice park, Vogel State Park. We went with our best friends and their kids and had a great time. The kids looked for salamanders, played in the creek, rode bikes, roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and even read while we were there. We visited a corn maze too. It was a great trip. Now, I have camper fever. I have been wanting to purchase a camper for awhile now and so now I am going to start looking for one. We hope we can make it an annual event.
I will do my best to update again soon. I have lots more pics of the weekend to share.
Thanks for checking in and don't forget to pray for Pyper!
Wendy

1 comment:

The Park Wife said...

Can't wait to see camping pictures! The high bar is scarey at times, once she gets up there a few more times, maybe it will take away the fear. Tell her to not look down at the floor, to find a spot on the wall and look at it (it worked for me).

Oh, we tried PWs Penne a la Betsy, it was good but hubby is not big on pasta, would rather have had it over rice (he is a cajun boy).
The Park Wife