Sunday, April 5, 2009

Funeral

I am so sad! My granddaddy passed away early Friday morning. My sister and I had been caring for him all this week and Wednesday we knew that it would only be a couple of days. I stayed all night on Wednesday night, my sister stayed all night on Thursday night. She called me at 3:18am and said she wasn't sure if he was breathing. I raced over there (in about 3 minutes flat) and he was already gone. Today we have the funeral. I am going to try my best to get up and speak. I am hoping I won't be a big blubbering mess. I really want to express what kind of man my grandfather was. He was my favorite person. I will miss him dearly.

4 comments:

Regina and Madie said...

Wendy, we send our prayers and tons of hugs for you and your family to get through this rough week. I know that God has his hands over you and will keep you lifted up. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Wendy

I am so sorry to hear that he passed away. If you need anything let us know. We will pray for you and your family as you deal with your loss. It is good we have a break from gymnastics this week so you and your family can have some time to rest and be together.
Love ya
Kathleen

Christine said...

Wendy,
You did a great job at the funeral! I am sure Peanut was smiling from ear to ear and was very proud of you for speaking on his behalf. It takes great courage to get up and speak about your loved one at a time when you are so down, but it is away to say you loved that person and you will see them later! We're here for you if you need us!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for the comments and words of encouragement. They really mean a lot to me with the emotional roller coaster this week has been. I am still dealing with a lot, but I keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass".