Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grandmother Whiddon

I realized that I had been putting a lot of "heavy" stuff on my blog recently. All this drama in my family with the medical issues so I wanted to post something more upbeat.
This is my husband's grandmother. Grandmother Whiddon is 94 years young and still finds time to sit down and play a game of checkers with her 8 year old great-granddaughter. I love that about Grandmother Whiddon. She is the most special lady you will ever meet. She always has a smile on her face. She does all her cooking and cleaning herself, has gorgeous flowers that she tends to, and occasionally a tomato plant or so. She got on a horse this year for her 94th. birthday. I will try to find the picture and post it. Grandmother Whiddon still drives too (although we'd rather she didn't b/c of the traffic on her road), but she does. She takes fresh cut flowers from her yard to all her friends when they are in the hospital, but she has outlived most of them now. She goes to church nearly every Sunday. That woman can do just about anything and with the right frame of mind. If you are ever down and out, all you have to do is go by and see her and when you do, you will find yourself smiling before you leave. We are fortunate to live directly behind her. We should stop by more often though. Thanks Grandmother Whiddon for showing my girl love, playing with her, and giggling the whole time when you let her beat you!!!
I love you so much!

1 comment:

jennykate77 said...

Awe, what a sweet post! I love that she takes time to play checkers. ☺

Hope you had a great week!