Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Park Wife and Pioneer Woman

A couple of years ago I ran across a blog (which is why I wanted to start one myself). Then I found another blog, and another blog, and another blog. I started reading and following lots of blogs. I don't even realize how much time I used to have. I surely don't do great at keeping up with this blog. Besides the amount of time it takes, I love reading blogs. I feel like I know some of these people. I stumbled across PW at www.thepioneerwoman.com. She has the coolest site and has great contests. I even won a random contest a while back. It was a $100 gift certificate to Snapfish. Still haven't used all the money. Hmmmm...... reminds me that I need to print my pictures and make a photo album of Tori-bug's gymnastics meets last year. Anyway, Pioneer Woman or PW, or P-dub has a brand new cookbook out. It is the best cookbook ever. The recipes have ingredients that anyone could find in a local grocery store. PW lives in OK on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. Kinda like my little small town I guess.
From PW's blog, I found another blog, www.theparkwife.blogspot.com. She is married to a park ranger. I have been following along on her blog for a few months. PW was doing a Griswold Book Signing Tour. She was going to a bunch of different places signing the cookbooks. She did come to Atlanta about a month ago, but I live an hour from Atlanta and she came on a Monday. I couldn't get out to meet her, but I soooooo wanted to get to and have her sign my cookbook. Plus, she was giving away specially made "PW t-shirts". My blogger friend at The Park Wife received thus said T-shirt in the mail b/c she was able to meet PW when she came to her hometown, but didn't bring the shirts. She got it in the mail. I want that T-shirt. She is giving it away. I think the reason is b/c it doesn't fit her, but it WILL fit me!!! Anyway, her requirements for possibly winning the T-shirt was to blog about her website, add her as a friend on Facebook, and leave her a comment. I didn't even know she was on Facebook, but I will be adding her as soon as I finish this post. Everyone please visit these two blogs. I promise you won't be sorry. It is two of the three that I have listed as following on my blog. I visit these three blogs almost daily. Sometimes I visit Pioneer Woman's blog several times in a day b/c her blog is so big that I have to read in spurts. She has a cooking blog, homeschooling section, home and garden section, etc.

I am off to go add The Park Wife to my Facebook,
Wendy

P.S. The other blog is www.notquitewhatihadplanned.com

P.S.S. I was diagnosed with strep on Monday. Today I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Yeah me!! :-(

2 comments:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Thank you for stopping by today! I read PW and Park Wife, too! Love both of them. Nice to meet you!
Taylor

Christine said...

I am sorry to hear you have been sick! Hope you feel better soon.