Saturday, January 30, 2010

Princess Pyperetta

I am really sorry for the delay in updating this blog. My thoughts have been totally consumed with praying for my little friend Princess Pyperetta. You might remember that she is 3-years-old and was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 6 weeks old. I met this sweet baby through some other children and my friend from church (Lillie) who is a pediatric oncology nurse. I have been following along for SEVERAL years of a couple, okay about 10, children's blogs thru Caringbridge Websites. This a place for parents to go blog and keep friends and family updated about their children and the many longterm illnesses that they have. It isn't just for children either. Sorry, I am rambling. I have been following my friend, Madie who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 4 years old. Thru her site I found and started following another child and then another child and so forth. Lillie told me to pray for and go check on her little friend, Pyper. I did and have been "checking" on her ever since. If you would like to check on her too, look up her page at www.caringbridge.org/visit/pyperaddisynsellers. She is a precious little girl. Anyhow, back in the Summer I believe her sister was able to give her a bone marrow transplant. I went to visit Pyper right before she had the transplant in Atlanta. Her family lives 4-1/2 hrs. from the hospital and she has 4 other siblings so pretty much the family had been "living apart", so one parent can be with her at the hospital and the other parent could be home so the other children could go to school, etc. Pyper was doing well until they discovered that she would indeed need another bone marrow transplant, which her sister was willing to give again. About a month ago she started having really bad bellyaches. It got so bad her parents took her to their local ER on Saturday and she was transported via ambulance to Atlanta with only her daddy coming with her. Like I said, they live 4-1/2 hrs. from the hospital. When she got to Atlanta she apparently had 2 very bad bacterias, septic shock, no blood pressure to speak of, and had very low platelets. She was admitted to PICU and put on a ventilator. I had not seen her since back in the Summer, but had been following along on her website and also getting updates via Facebook from her mom. She was admitted on Sunday morning in critical condition. Her mom has been at their home worried sick. Since I live only about an hour from Scottish Rite I told her that I would try to go visit and maybe I could take her daddy something to eat for dinner. When I saw her on Tuesday I just about lost it. That precious angel was laying there with lots of tubes in her and she was very swollen. I am a pediatric nurse and have seen a lot of "medical" stuff so I was prepared and not scared like that, but it is a whole different world in a Pediatric Children's Hospital. I was completely humbled. It made me think twice of holding my own Tori-bug extra close that night when I got home. It was only a small amount of effort and time on my part to go check on a dear friend and also hopefully give her mom a little comfort in knowing that another mommy was able to go "love on her baby girl". I am seeking and requesting all prayer warriors to go to the throne of God and ask HIM for his strength and guidance for Pyper and her family. They will have a long hard road just to make it out of this immediate risk, but then another one when she has to have the second bone marrow transplant. I went again today to see her and take her daddy some snacks and such and she did look better. She is still on the vent and sedated, but she is breathing on her own. All the infection is gone, although she still doesn't have any white cells (the cells that fight off infections). She has a lot of swelling and also has fluid on her lung which they might draw off. She is still really sick, but they are thinking they might try to wean her off the ventilator on Monday. I pray that they can. My GOD is a big GOD and I know He only wants what is good for her. I just ask that you please remember to say a prayer for her and for all the little sweet children fighting a really terrible disease called cancer. I will try to update on her again soon and hopefully I will have great and miraculous news to share.

Thanks for reading and praying......
Wendy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess Pyperetta went to be with her King Saturday, February 13, 2010. She was a brave young girl, with a smile that would like up a room. Please keep her family in your prayers.