Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let's see.....

Where did I leave off? Oh yeah, I was stressed out and tired from all the running back and forth.
My granddaddy got readmitted on Friday morning with a bile duct obstruction and jaundice. They couldn't do the really necessary tests (example: IV contrast CT) to rule out pancreatitis or a malignancy in his pancreas or liver b/c he just had a cardia stint placed last week. The doctor said it was most likely a gallstone stuck in his bile duct, but the possibility of a malginancy is still there as well as further gallstones. They are thinking some time in the future they might do a very specialized test called a ERCP or something like that to cut the duct so future gallstones would be able to pass thru and not get stuck, but now he is on Plavix for the cardiac stuff and can't have surgery for at least one year. That is still in the air, but they did let him come home today after a really long night last night. I stayed at the hospital last night and thankfully, we were able to get a decent amount of rest. The nurses on duty knew that I was a nurse and would call them if I needed them so they shut the door and didn't bother us. Thank God for that! He always gets extremely confused at night time when inpatient so he was on a tangent when I first got there yesterday afternoon, but I was able to get him to calm down rather quickly and then he did fine after that. It was rather funny b/c he kept telling the nurses that he put some connectors into the shot box (that was locked hanging on the wall) and he needed to get them back out. He said it wasn't locked when he put them in there and he had stopped on the way to the hospital to pick them up. Granddaddy was an electrician so he keeps remembering that he used connectors I guess. He doesn't even drive anymore and my sister had driven him to the hospital and definitely didn't stop to pick up any connectors on the way :-)

Let's see....

Other news this week. Oh yeah, Tori-bug had a gymnastics meet yesterday. My hubby was still home with the flu so my mother-in-law went with me. She didn't have her best meet yesterday and there was only 5 girls her age. She should have had better scores (from what she is capable of), but she still placed 2nd. on everything, including all-around and 4th. on bars. Bars are normally one of her best events, but she fell on her shoot-thru and got a really low score for it. She will always be number one to me, but I want her to do her best every time. She did have fun and my little brother, Alan, and my dad's girlfriend came to watch her for the first time. I really think she might have been a little too excited about that and lost her focus. I am definitely not trying to make excuses for her b/c she is capable of doing way better, but she was excited about them being there.
My husband is feeling MUCH better today and in fact, took himself and Tori-bug to church this evening. Tori-bug spent the night with a friend last night so that helped me a lot since I was staying at the hospital and Kevin was still sick. Thank you, Mrs. Barbara. I am so glad you are my friend and can help me get Tori-bug everywhere. It really means a lot to me.
Tori-bug is off next weekend and I am giving my sister a baby shower. She is due in 6-7 weeks. One of my best friend's is also due at the same time. They are both having girls so we are so excited. Since my baby days are over, it will be fun to spoil theirs rotten. Again, thanks to everyone for praying for my family. I don't want to speak too soon again, but I think it might just be a normal week this week. THAT is what I am praying for now anyway. It will be a gorgeous week in Georgia. 77 degrees today and about that tomorrow too. I can't wait.

Wendy

No comments: