Thursday, March 5, 2009

So I spoke too soon- Jeesh!

Did ya'll not hear me when I said I needed serious prayer? Oh my! I am so stressed out right now. Let me just give you a little recap of today. My husband fell really sick last night. He went to the doctor today and diagnosed with the flu. He is NEVER sick. When I tell you he was fine one minute then was sick, he was sick. He wanted to go to the doctor today and stayed in the bed all day. He doesn't stay in the bed ever and when he does you better know he is sick.
After I found out that he had the flu, I received a call from my mom telling me that my granddaddy's doctor called to say he had an EXTREMELY high bilirubin on his bloodwork yesterday and he needed to go directly back to the hospital to be readmitted for a probable bile duct obstruction. I was at work and my mom is disabled and she can't drive. My sister who is 31 weeks pregnant had already left to drive herself to the hospital for severe back pain, abdominal pain, and bleeding. She was not home and I could not get him to the hospital tonight. My other sister has to take him first thing in the morning to be a direct admit. I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to be a gallstone obstructing his bile duct. It could be a very serious thing. I am just waiting on my pregnant sister to call me back, hoping to goodness she is not in premature labor and has to go on bedrest. I have been squalling all afternoon and feeling really stressed out. I am almost wondering if I should take a Family Medical Leave to try and get everyone back on the right track in my family. So, I spoke too soon. All that, then when I got to the pharmacy to get my hubby's meds, it was freakin $80. Seriously? Who cares if it helps though, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read this post and when it rains it pours! If there is anything I can do to help let me know!

The Foster Home said...

Man!! I will be praying for your family and your sanity.

jennykate77 said...

I don't know why things seem to happen in clusters, but it always seems to happen happen that way. Praying for you and your family. Keep us posted.