Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pray for Pyper

I have a little friend who is 2-years-old that just relapsed with leukemia. She had it as an infant. She was rediagnosed last week. The family lives in South Georgia, 5 hrs. from Atlanta. Mom isn't working of course as she is taking care of her. They have a total of 5 children. Dad and the other children at separated from them while she is in-patient. She will probably be inpatient at least 6 weeks and she had a white blood cell count over 200,000. That is astronomical. They are really struggling right now, physically, emotionally, and financially. PLEASE pray for her. Her name is Pyper Sellers. You can check out her blog at www.caringbridge.org/visit/pyperaddisynsellers
I was trying to come up with a creative way to raise some money for them. I, like everyone else don't have any extra money right now. With her daddy being 5 hrs. away he will need gas money to come visit on the weekends. I was thinking that I could collect loose change for them to use in the vending machines while inpatient or if I raise enough money to buy them a gas card or an American Express card to use whereever. I am going to put a change bucket in my Sunday School room at church for people to throw their loose change in to. If you feel so inclined and have a few extra coins laying around, bag it up, or take it to the bank and write a check, either to me (I promise I will give them every dime) or donate on her website at Suntrust Bank. Everyone has a few loose coins. If you would like to donate through me, just email me at:
whiddonfour@windstream.net and I will give you my address. I want to collect change for the next 2 weeks and then take it to her. Mom would be so grateful. Let me know if you would like to help.
Wendy

No comments: