Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feeling the love on Valentine's Day



We had a gymnastics meet today at Tucker Valentine Invitational. I purchased little red heart head boppers for the girls to wear. They looked so cute. Here they are wearing them in the opening ceremonies.



Tori-bug had her best meet all-around so far this season. I was really feeling the LOVE when she got a first place win on beam. It was a tie, but first place nonetheless. She also tied for third place on vault (which has never been her best event) and got her personal best score of 9.050. She placed fifth on floor with another 9.050 and all-around she scored 35.775. We were shooting for a 36, but came up just shy. That's okay, it was still a great day.

Kevin and I knew that we would be spending most of our Valentine's Day at a gymnastics meet and that is fine with us, but he surprised me last night with a steak dinner (that he cooked himself) and roses. We are also celebrating on Sunday by watching the first Nascar race of the season!!! I know what you're thinking...... "what?" I couldn't think of anything better to do than watching the cars go round and round on a track. I LOVE IT!!! Gentlemen, start your engines. Go..... Earnhardt Jr.
So, yeah, I am feeling the love today.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my little brother, Alan and to my nephew, Matthew!

2 comments:

jennykate77 said...

That's awesome! She did great!! The girls looked so cute w/ their heart-bopper headbands:) Sounds like you have a very romantic dinner w/ hubby! Hope you enjoy the race today!!!

Anonymous said...

Tori did great! She will get her 36! We will see you at Matt's party and we will have the race on!