Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hugs and kisses.....

I read about a little girl named Sophia today that gained her angel wings. I have been following along her on her blog for several months now. She has been battling cancer for quite some time. I believe she was 4 years old. Her parents have been by her side day and night for many months. It really hit home to me that we are never granted another day of life. I get so frustrated at times with Tori-bug, but I have her tonight to hug and kiss on and I know that Sophia's parents would die for one more day with her. I am praying for their family and I ask that you do the same. While you are at it, thank God for the children that he has entrusted to you. Thank Him for the beautiful smiles, personalities, and joy that they bring to you. I will hug and kiss my Tori-bug a little bit more tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy, tell Tori I'm proud of her wins.You're right, we don't stop and think about how blessed we are. It is easy to get caught up in the day to day activities and the times we are stressed, and forget how precious our time is with our children. You will turn around one day and wonder where the time went. So my advice is to play with them, watch sunsets, and kiss and hug them often. Love you, Diane.

Jason said...

I think Diane accurately stated what most people think after reading your new post. We don't stop and live in the moment as often as we should for our own selfish reasons. We put the kids to bed a little early because we are tired. We put off talking to our spouce because we are too busy watching a game. Why?? Because we assume we can make that time up later but the truth of it is, we aren't garanteed that time.

So thank you Wendy, for your post and assisting in bringing us back to earth on what is important and that being the precious time we have with our loved ones.